Thursday

[spinning] Sage Surino

Two center-pull bumps from Flaggy Mountain Fiber Works purchased at the 2009 Green Mountain Fiber Festival. Surino: 70% Suri Alpaca, 30% Merino:

Sage


8oz of fingering weight. Looooooove this color and yarn. (That's not a single 8oz skein, but a 5oz and 3oz just twisted together)

Surino


Surino


This was easy spinning- the fiber drafted fluidly at the wheel. The fiber came in those two center-pull bumps. I put down a wide plastic bag on the floor next to the spinning wheel and pulled out all the fiber from the bumps onto it. It piled up like a mountain of soft linguine. I felt a little bit like the girl from Rumpelstiltskin who had the piles of straw to spin into gold. I didn't even want to spin it this fine but I was using my Joy so... I suppose the wheel and fiber dictate the grist, not me. I just pedal along for the ride.

No comments: