Wednesday

[spinning] Vermont Sheep & Wool Festival

This past Sunday I went to the VT Sheep & Wool Festival up in Essex Jct. with a couple knitting companions. Here's my haul:

VT Sheep & Wool


I got fiber I have never spun before: alpaca and blue faced leicester. I got THE deal of the festival: 15 oz of natural black alpaca for $15. Oooo wheee. And that BIG bag in the back is over 3 pounds of soft gray wool- more then enough to spin for an entire sweater! As I spin each of these, I'll post what farm it was from and what it was like to spin it. I think this should keep me busily spinning all winter long...

I shall direct to you Shelby's photostream if you wish to see all the critters from the Festival.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Great haul!!! I went also and it was so much fun!

Sara said...

Nice haul...I like the pink/green stuff - can't wait to see how that spins up.