Wednesday

[knitting] Yarn on Sale

This past weekend I went a little yarn crazy without spending a lot of money. I was hunting around the web for info on a sale at Knit New London and happened to find out that a local senior center was having a fabric, yarn and crafts sale. I went over early in the morning and brought home:

Bright yarn


There was enough of this yarn to fill a plastic grocery bag and it only cost me $1. The colors are really REALLY BRIGHT.

Bright yarn


I think (hope) it's wool. To find out, I knit a little swatch with a bit of each color to find out the gauge. Next I'm going to throw it into the washing machine to find out if it felts.

Bright yarn


The plan is to make a Christmas stocking for Dollar with this yarn. Now I need BRIGHT fair isle patterns and charts.

Oh, and about the yarn sale at Knit New London? It was awesome. 40% off Cascade Baby Alpaca chunky, Manos del Uruguay Semi Solids Multi Colors, Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton, Jo Sharp Silk Georgette, Pear Tree 4ply 8ply 12ply, ROWAN Summer Tweed Cashsoft DK & Aran weight Bamboo Tape Kidsilk Aura Wool Cotton, Noro Kureyon, Malabrigo Worsted Weight 100% Angora, Classic Elite Premiere Cotton. I got lots, Malabrigo probably being my favorite. It's one of the most popular yarns on Ravelry and everyone says it's "buttery soft" but I've never knit with it.

It is like little pieces of heaven spun up into yarn.

No comments: