Wednesday

[amy] Back and sicker than ever

It's been a week since my last post. I came back from Bonnaroo with some kind of bug that had me spending 6 hours in the emergency room this past Sunday. You name a symptom, I guarantee I had it. After three hours at the hospital, I didn't want to be there anymore and started crying. I asked the nurse to get Dollar from the waiting room. He comes in and sees me in a hospital gown, on a stretcher, hooked up to an IV and crying. Poor guy nearly lost his mind with worry. I told him I was okay, I just wanted to go home. But it turned out I had mad viruses.

So I haven't been doing anything other than feeling a little better, feeling a lot worse, feeling a little better, feeling a lot worse. I missed my high school reunion and a flight for work. I've been having crazy dreams about mushroom clouds, car crashes, cops, cotton yarn and other unsettling things that begin with the letter 'c'.

I did get some new music to help ease my pain. The Streets' The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living (best performance I saw at Bonnaroo) and Goldfrapp's Supernature. 'The Hardest Way' is VERY good, 'Supernature' get's a "meh" vote (sounds like all the other Goldfrapp albums to me).

3 comments:

nicole said...

I am glad that you survived your virus enough to return. I was sick this week, but I think that you have me beat. Take care.

Shelby said...

god damn...that sucks! The ER is never a fun place to be...especially with IV's! Hope you feel better soon.

Mark Sasahara said...

Sorry to hear you're not well, get well soon!

It's almost a year old, but if you haven't got it, get Royksopp's The Understanding, it's really good. Also check out some of their videos on the net, the best is What Else Is There? Only This Moment is a great song, but not jazzed about the vid.

-M