Monday

[knitting] Kitchen Towels

Using some Lion Brand Re-up cotton yarn to make kitchen towels:

Pink Berries

The pattern is free on Ravelry and simply called "Kitchen Cloth in Mosaic Design". I think this is the first time I've mosaic knit before and I like it. You're only working one color at a time and slipping the stitches of the color you're not working on. There is also no purling.

Pink Berries

It's a little loose- I think I used US 7 needles with this Re-up yarn but I plan on machine washing/drying these towels, which should shrink things a bit. This yarn is lighter than Lily Sugar 'n Cream.

I finished the pink one and started a yellow one:

Yellow berries

This yarn is only $2 per ball at Michaels. It takes about two balls each of the natural and colored yarns (with some leftover), so it's $8 in supplies per towel. 

These were my Outlander knitting projects during my vacation. Seasons 1 and 2 appeared on Netflix and during the rainy days, it was knitting and watching Outlander. I'm almost done with Season 1.

Both towels are actually done- I just have to sew in ends. There are instructions for a crocheted lace trim, which I like, but I was having some trouble with the chart and I was worried about the trim making the bottom of the towel flare out. I think I'll give these towels a wash/dry and then add the trim.

1 comment:

ExistentialistKnitter said...

These are great, Amy! I'm also nearing the end of Outlander Season 1. I'm so glad it's on Netflix, and I'm really hoping they add the remaining seasons. I'm currently crocheting dishcloths, and I love the idea of adding some knit kitchen towels - knitchen towels? lol