Tuesday

[knitting] Opus Spicatum

Still trying to be all matchy-matchy, I made a hat to go with my mittens:

Opus Spicatum


Pattern: Opus Spicatum (named after Opus Spicatum masonry

Yarn: Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair

Needles: US 8 (5 mm) for ribbing, US 9 (5.5 mm) for colorwork

I like this hat. It still needs to be blocked to give it more of a tam shape (it fits like a beanie now). From two skeins of natural and two skeins of evergreen Mountain Mohair, I've made a pair of mittens and a hat. And I've still got enough leftover for some type of cowl, but I don't really want to wear this yarn around my neck. It's okay for my hands and head but the mohair content of the yarn would be itchy around my neck. Maybe a lined cowl?

1 comment:

Alice said...

I love the muted colors in this!