Saturday

[travel] Germany

Gutten Tag! I am in Schwetzingen, Germany for the week. The flight was relatively painless, I just didn't get enough sleep during the redeye. We left Boston around 4:30 pm and I landed in Frankfurt at 5:30 am. I waited for my coworker and a shuttle brought us to our hotel. I napped for an hour but forced myself to get up so that I can go to bed early tonight.

I went for a walk through town, checking out the sights. The hotel is very close to Schwetzingen Castle, where many swans and ducks hang around:

Day 1


The buildings and streets are lovely:

Day 1


Everyone is out walking or riding bikes:

Day 1


Day 1


It was a beautiful day:

Day 1


Day 1


The signs are funny to me. They basically say "Exit - do not block!", but I just like that the end with fahrt.

Germany Signage


Germany Signage


Heh. Fahrt.

This is that button to push for a walk signal:

Germany Signage


And the beer here is so good...

Welde Weizen Kristall


I wanted to steal this glass. The bubbles effervessed up in a curvy manner. My co-worker talked me out of it, the party pooper.

People here have be been so nice and polite. The vegetation and temperature is very similar to home (I think we're on close latitudes).

1 comment:

gayle said...

I think you should ditch your co-worker and sneak back to grab one of those glasses...
Love the cottage being swallowed by ivy!