Thursday

[knitting] Wham Bam Thank You Lamb

Cowl


Pattern: Wham Bam Thank You Lamb from Instaknitty (rav link)

Needles: US 10.5

Yarn: Crystal Palace Kaya, 2 balls

Notes: I cast on 32 and knit a rectangle in garter stitch until I used up all 2 balls. Blocked measurement = 10 inches x 20 inches.

I like the cowl, I just need to figure out how to wear/fold/slouch the thing around my neck to make it look casual-cool and not weirdly-lopsided.

I don't recommend this yarn. Color rubbed off onto my fingers as I was knitting (I had blue fingertips for a couple days) and it slightly colored my bamboo knitting needles. I had to wash and rinse the cowl three times and color still bled onto towels when I rolled the water out. Thankfully, my blocking board didn't get stained.

1 comment:

gayle said...

Well, at least the colors are VERY pretty! You'll have to post a pic when you figure out the wear/fold/slouch thing...