Thursday

[knitting] Finished Mittens

My first and favorite:- Squirrely Swedish Mittens:

Squirrely Swedish- complete


I washed them by hand and let them dry flat for a day. When they were still damp, I threw them into the dryer (in a delicates bag) on a low heat for a while. I forgot about them and they ended up bunched in the dryer for another day. So they look a little lumpy/bumpy.

Squirrely Swedish- complete


I loves these mitten so much. They are so soft I want to wear them all the time.

Squirrely Swedish- complete



My second- Icewine Mittens:

Icewine- complete


This project was good and bad. I love the pattern and colors but they are a little too tight and short (my fault for moving the thumb up a few rows to ensure the vines would sit at my wrist). I still have as yet to wash/block, so that will hopefully sort the few remaining issues out. If I could go back and do these again with the same yarn, I'd use US 4 needles, rather than US 2.

Icewine- complete


Icewine- complete


I'm happy that spring is finally unfolding and while I hate to bring up anything having to do with winter... It will be nice to wear these as I'm scraping ice or brushing snow off my car.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Did the squirrel mittens shrink down any?
I like the vine placement on the other set of mittens. Oh yeah, they both are some nice mitts but I am glad you won't need them until next winter... :-)

amy said...

I think they did shrink a little. The got noticeably softer.

I ended up giving the Icewine mittens to my sister because they fit her much better.