Monday

[tv] Long Way Round

You read in the news that Ewan McGregor and some other guy (Charlie Boorman) were riding around the world on motorcycles: London -> New York City via eastern Europe, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia, Alaska, Canada and finally the northern US. Basically: 20,000 miles in 3.5 months.

This documentary is fantabulous. I only have one thing to say: Ewan McGregor should have died on this trip. Something happened where I can't BELIEVE he didn't die. Morbid to talk about, yes I know, but it's a fact. I'm positive his family and everyone who knows him are ecstatic he got through it alive but there was one part where I realized: This trip was no joke. He could have said goodbye to his family, gotten on his bike and never got to see any of them again. Totally scary.

I can't recommend this enough. Way better than anything I've seen in a long time. Plus, you get to see Ewan and Charlie start to lose their minds after so many days on the road.

No comments: