Thursday

[knitting] A Few Things

You many have remembered that I mentioned a sweater a long time ago. Here it is...

 

I made it using Peruvian Collection Highland Chunky Wool from Elann. They don't have it there anymore, but it was nice to work with, if a little short (only something like 79 yards per ball). It went fast on size 10 1/2 needles. I used a basic raglan sweather pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patters by Ann Budd. It took me three weeks to make but the last week of mostly just messing around with weaving in all the loose ends. Not fun.

Now I'm working on my "Henry" Sweater. I finished and blocked the back and two front pieces...

 

The first sweater I made ended up looking really manly. I know, it's my fault, I chose the colors. But that meant the next sweater I made had to be really girly, and what's more girly than pink? For this cropped cardigan, I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash Wool. I don't know off the top of my head which pink it is that I have, but it's more of a soft pink than an aggressive cotton-candy-ish one. I started my first sleeve for it last night and I'm a little worried about joining it to the shoulder. But I'll just have to deal with it when I get there.

In order to do this sweater (which I plan on wearing to NYC for the Henry Rollins show (hence the name "Henry" Sweater)), I had to put aside this shawl that I was working on...

 

The pattern if from a knitting calendar that my sister got for me. It's January's pattern and I still haven't finished it. It has a really pretty open lattice-work pattern. I've messed up on a couple rows but thankfully the yarn I'm using (Paton's Divine from Patternworks) completely masks the errors! HAHAHA! I was getting tired of it, though. I'll finish it after my Henry sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ames,
I wanted to ask the officianado of such things, do you know anything/much about the Sin City comics/movie coming out? What's the buzz, etc.? I'm trying to decide whether to drop the bucks to go see it. Many hot actresses is a plus, and Rodriguez has been interesting since Once Upon a time in Mexico - didn't like before that too much, but he's developed nicely. Let me know your musings.
And did you hear, Wolfowitz in as head of the world bank? Could we get anyone more qualified? Joyous days,
Sully :)