Tuesday

[spinning] Tour de Fleece 2020

I quietly participated in Tour de Fleece this year. This is pretty much the only time I spin yarn any more. 

First, I worked on a colorful two-ply using fiber from Into the Whirled:

Into the Whirled Handspun

This is 8oz of fiber. Polwarth, I think.

Into the Whirled Handspun

Next was a rainbow gradient, about 4 or 5 oz, of soft fiber purchased at a Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival:

Rainbow Handspun

I chain-plied the skein to keep the colors together. I'm very excited to come up with a project for this.

Rainbow Handspun

Lastly, I spun 4oz of colorful wool into a low-twist single ply:

Handspun - worsted single ply

This yarn should make some nice stripes.

Handspun - worsted single ply

All the fiber I spun this year was very colorful. I'm so into rainbows and I'm especially thrilled when I catch one outside.

🌈🌈

###

My knitting mojo is starting to creep back. The weather is getting cooler... and this is the time of year when I'd really be ramping up projects to enter into the fair (no Tunbridge Fair this year). I'm working on a small shawl now that I should be able to finish in a night or two. Not sure what I'll cast on for next. I really want to make a concerted effort to start knitting things with all my handspun yarn...

No comments: