Thursday

[crochet] Curtain Progress

Progress is being made on the filet crochet curtain panel:


Filet Crochet Curtain


Unfortunately, I held it up against the window that I want to cover and it's not quite wide enough to work as a single panel. So I think I will have to make two. Which is kind of demoralizing but I decided to only work to halfway up the height of the window. So two panels at half the height is like the same amount of work as one panel going all the way up. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.

Edited 15 minutes later to add:


Nope. I'm going to block the ever-loving **** out of this to make it wide enough. I feel like I've already put 30 hours of work into this and I can't abide the thought of needing to make another back-to-back.

4 comments:

The Sewing Loft said...

I wondered if blocking might help the situation, good luck with that. As a child, I remember how both of my great grandmothers had crochet curtains on their front doors and I loved it. I am so proud to own some of their work.

Natalie J said...

Thoroughly impressed by your patience - and thinking the blocking is a great idea!

boozyknits said...

Could you put some sort of edging on it to make it wider?

gayle said...

Seconding the edging idea. When all else fails, cheat.