Wednesday

[cooking] Dinner Rolls

My little mini-Zojirushi bread maker is one of my favorite kitchen appliances (second only to my rice cooker). I use it about twice a week to make dough. This smaller model doesn't take up much counter space and makes a 1-lb loaf of bread.

I wanted to make some pull-apart dinner rolls this past weekend. It was so easy, I felt like I was cheating.

1. Make the dough in the Zo. 2 minutes of measuring/adding ingredients, wait 1 hour 45 minutes.
2. Cut the dough into 8 pieces, form into balls, put into 9in cake pan. 3 minutes of doing stuff, let rise 1 hour.
3. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Eat. 

So, while it takes just over 3 hours to go from "ingredients" to "mmmm bread", it's only 5 minutes of doing stuff manually. I would say "How easy is that?!" but I think Ina Garten may have copyrighted the phrase. Instead, I'll say, "SO F'ING EASY, RIGHT?!"

Here are the rolls after the final rise:

Dinner rolls have risen

Here they are after baking:

Dinner rolls- done.

One mini Zo, one batch of dough, in one cake pan- I think this could become a regular thing. I usually just use the dough for pizza but these rolls were the bomb. 



2 comments:

gayle said...

I've baked all our bread for the last 15 (at least) years. I use the bread machine for making the dough, then loaf it up and bake in the oven. Love to dump in the ingredients and just walk away...
Your rolls look luscious!

Joy A.Antoine said...

I have been checking out many of your posts and it's nice stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.
Lifetime 44-Inch Backboard/Rim Combo