Wednesday

[misc] Carnage is coming...

Cold weather is here and I think it's here for good. Reports were coming in yesterday from all over Vermont- snow. We got a wee bit of slush mixed in with rain. No snow. Yet. But this morning my car was covered with thick frost and I had to pre-heat.

Dinner last night was a very simple but yummy salmon, potatoes and asparagus. I use filets, rather than steaks. It's so easy and I love that it's all done in one pan. Tonight I have plans to make bacon wrapped scallops; we were at a wedding this past weekend where they were served but they were gone before Dollar had a chance to have some. So, these will be for him (xoxo).

I'm totally procrastinating on sending in my registration for Carnage Con. We probably won't get our first picks for games. But for the first time, I'll be running two games this year!

Spinning is going well. I have 4 bobbins full to start plying- some purple-gray merino and some black alpaca. I had a little set back this weekend when the leather strap that connects my right treadle to the footman broke mid spin. I bought some new, pink leather trim to use. Anything to make my spinning wheel more girlie. And now I have spare on hand in case it happens again.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

oh no, Dollar missed the scallops?! The caterers were really nice and saved each of us one of each of the appetizers on little plates, so I got to have one. It was pretty nummy, but it's hard to go wrong with bacon wrapped scallops...or bacon wrapped anything, really! ;)

Sara said...

Oh, I really like what you had for dinner last night. It looks so good. I never thought of cooking it all in one pan. DUH!

gayle said...

The salmon sounds wonderful. The bacon-wrapped scallops sound even better!
Not enjoying the weather change. I still haven't found my ice scraper...