Sunday

[spinning] Dragonfly

I spun a 3-ply DK-weight (13 WPI) 50% Superwash Merino/50% Tencel skein of yarn.

Before:

Sereknity Dragonfly


The fiber is by Sereknity and was purchased at the Yarn & Fiber Co. in Derry, NH.

After:

3-ply


3-ply


I love the way 3-plies look- The colors break up and blend prettier. And I'm impressed with how thin my spinning has gotten. The singes were 1/3 the thickness of DK yarn.

The one skein is about 228 yards. I'm off to Ravelry to find the right pattern it. (Probably a cowl?)

3 comments:

Shelby said...

omg, WANT!! So, so pretty. If you don't find anything to knit with it, I'll buy it from you...:D :D :D

gayle said...

Very very pretty! It would make a beautiful cowl.
I agree, the 3-ply really does make a difference. I used to just 2-ply everything, but I like 3-ply better now.

Angela said...

Shelby no way, I'll file down your knitting needles, I want it!!

Actually I really do like it, and am not just making menacing knitting threats :-p