Thursday

[knitting] WIPs

I have several more works in progress...

More ballband dishcloths. I'm trying to use up leftover Lily Sugar 'n Cream cottons, so my color choices are limited (which makes it a challenge to pair things up and not say, "Oh, well that's just fugly"):

Ballband Dishcloths


I want to make a stack (like, a dozen) and give them to my mom for her new house in Florida.

Wisp using Noro Kureyon sock yarn:

Wisp


The colors have been lining up well with the fishnet and garter sections. Also, I can fudge the numbers by a row here and there to make the colors fit. I bought blocking wires at White River Yarns and this will be the first project I use them for. I can't wait.

Meret, the February hat-of-the-month at WRY:

Meret


I know, such an exciting shot. The yarn is a handspun that I bought in Alaska last year. It's a fairly heavy worsted weight. I cast on for the Large size of Meret and knit a lot more than what you see above. After finishing the first lace repeat (about 4-5 inches in), I said, "You know what... I think this is going to be too big." I don't want another Rangoli* (a.k.a. the the steering wheel cover), so I'm going to rip it out and knit the medium size. Bonus: If there's more yarn leftover, I might make the matching fingerless gloves.

*The Rangoli wasn't a complete loss- it's a soft, round thing for Murderface to kneed and curl up on.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Like the ballband clothes...

Wisp is really pretty. I like it in Noro...

Speaking of Murderface - we haven't seen him lately...hmmm!

gayle said...

Whenever I start that kind of use-up-the-leftovers project, I end up having to buy more in order to make the leftovers work out right. Which results in more leftovers...
Love all your projects!

Shelby said...

the colors on that Wisp still make me squee with happiness. Happy squee!