Tuesday

[knitting] The Fug

I like the hat that I made with the handspun yarn I thought was fug.

Hat... Not so fug anymore.


It reminds me of a landscape. Blue water leading to a meadow with yellow flowers at the foot of snow capped mountains.

Pattern: Earflap Hat from KnitScene (download from Knitting Daily)

Yarn: The Fug (handspun merino, two ply, worsted weight)

Needle: US 8

Mod: I fudged the numbers a bit since my gauge was different than the Woman's size in the pattern.

I was down to the earflaps on Sunday morning, with a circular needle holding the stitches for one flap and a double-pointed needle holding the stitches for the other. I put the hat on (with the needles and yarn hanging out all over the place). Dollar was still asleep so I went up to the bedroom and stood over him until he felt my malevolent presence. He opened his eyes and said, "What... What are you..." I leaned over him and said, "I'm wearing a crazy hat." He said, "Yes, you are." Then I told him I made blueberry muffins.

The hat is super cute on. It looks like an old football helmet.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh man, that's TOTALLY cute! Just goes to show you...a yarn can look like clown vomit in a skein but knit up great. I love the pattern, too...now I kind of want to make one for myself! I might line the ear flaps with really obnoxious Fun Fur on mine...because I think that would look pretty damn awesome.

Sara said...

that turned out beautiful! love the way the yarn pooled - or whatever you call it...

That isn't a bad hat for winter around here - my ears are always cold...