Thursday

[knitting] Denmark Socks

Finished the socks:

Denmark Socks


Socks


I call them Denmark Socks because I was flipping through pattern books, looking for a cable pattern to spice up the leg on a new pair of socks, when I saw something that would work in Knitting on the Road. So these are loosely based on those Denmark Socks.

Because I was using a worsted weight yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash), I only have 6 cable repeats around the leg, with a "purl 2" between each one. The leg is still quite stretchy because the 6-stitch cable is actually two 3-stitch cables.

I'm ready to cast on for the next pair of socks. I have two balls of Berroco Comfort in navy blue and I'm interested to see how the nylon/acrylic yarn machine washes and dries.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Those came out nice! I like socks with cables...it's fun once you get the rhythm down.

Do you have the book "Sensational Knitted Socks"? It has craploads of really neat cables and open-work patterns for socks, as well as fair isle patterns, tessalations, lots of neat stuff.

amy said...

I do have Sensational Knitted Socks and that's one of the ones I browsed. The way that the socks are broken up into sections (with 6,8,12-stitch pattern repeats) is perfect for modifying.