Tuesday

[movies] The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

I saw The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe last night with my sister. The movie was only okay, I'd give it a B-. The movie was close to the book but I'm not so sure that's a good thing. The book can move along at a slower pace and that's okay. If a movie starts to slow down, you fidget in your seat and think about all the things you should be doing at home.

Also, Griffith has been missing for almost a week now. We're all losing our minds over it, but I have faith that he'll come back. That was the best thing about the movie for me. I'm going to reveal a large spoiler about the movie, so if you haven't read the book or are planning on seeing the movie, don't read any more. Okay? Are you- Seriously, stop reading if you don't want to know. ... Aslan the lion sacrifices his life to save another. The Ice Queen kills him on a stone altar. So seeing a movie where a huge cat DIES probably wasn't the best thing for my sister and I. But then, miracle of miracles, Aslan comes back to life. Let me tell you, THAT was reassuring. It made me feel better. I think that if I keep up my hope and faith, Griffith will come back. Whatever, I can't talk about this anymore.

Tilda Swinton played the Ice Queen in the movie. I like this actress and thought she was very good in The Beach, Adaptation and Vanilla Sky. As the Ice Queen she was only "meh". Throughout all her lines she had a preoccupied look on her face, in her eyes, like she was thinking about something else. Like she left the stove on or was trying to think what she had for breakfast yesterday. I would have liked it if she was a crazy, cackling, hysterical witch who reveled in how evil she is. Rather, looked like she was trying to do long division in her head while trying to stare people down.

For a more scathing review, read this. I'm most offended by the "Lucy is ugly" comment. That's just mean, but oMaT hates kids so I'm not really surprised. I think giving it 1/10 stars is a little harsh, too.

No comments: