Thursday

[uvBookClub] The Time Traveler's Wife

Last night the uvBookClub got together to talking about The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Surprise surprise, we all read it! What a joy it is to talk about book and everyone follows what you're saying- and imparts their own perspective.

What I'd like to do, as a post-reading project, is draw out a timeline showing when everything in the book takes place. Last night, there was a lot of, "Wait- When was that? I thought- Did she know at that point that Henry can time travel? That was before he- But then he came back- Wait, what?"

Here's an interview with the author by Harcourt. (By the way, I don't think you can go wrong with a Harcourt book- I've loved everything I've read that they've published and more often than not, there's a reading circle guide in the back).

The next uvBookClub meeting will be after the holidays. I'll going to send out invitations for new members and add them to the mailing list. I think the next book is going to be non-fiction.

No comments: