Monday

[amy] Fun Weekend

Saturday I came into work for the morning. After that I went to the Grand Opening of the Center for Cartoon Studies. Once inside, you get a piece of paper and check off any or all of the following choices: Alien, Dog, Stick Figure, Robot. Then you take your paper to the "Dog" table or "Alien" table and have one of the students draw any old thing that comes into their heads, as long as it's within the category. Then you bring it to the "Finishing" table, where one of the artists does shading and generally pulls everything together. Then you bring the drawing to "Quality Control" when it gets either a stamp of approval or a big fat "REJECTED!!" across the front. I saw one cute drawing of a dog that was rejected for no reason I could see.

It was interesting to see the students drawing. Each one held their pen differently and, really, the only thing I could see was the top of their head. They would finish what they were working on, look up briefly to smile at you, and then take the next paper that was being shoved in their face. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire. Wait, what is the idiom I want here? Trial by fire? I mean to say that it's pretty intense to be starting a cartooning school only to be forced to draw your arm off during the Grand Opening. Whatever, idioms suck anyway. No one really knows what they mean. Pot calling the kettle black. The straw that broke the camel's back. Why beat around the bush- just say what you mean.

After that I went to an outdoor games BBQ (where I came in 2nd in croquet but didn't fare so well at horseshoes) and then onto the Hookah Dance Lounge. The video Adam was spinning was great and the music was great, but no one was dancing. Me, included (sorry). The hookah room was filled to capacity, but there were only a handful of people socializing in the main corridor and bar area. There was a photographer/reporter from the Connecticut Valley Spectator taking pictures for the next issue and as the night progressed, he just started hanging out more and reporting less. Which is cool. And as I was outside, a truck pulled up and a guy asked me, "Excuse me, miss, but is there dancing up there?" I said yes and he inquired further, "Is it swing or ballroom?" "Uh... What? It's neither man, it's, like, club dancing. Swing or ball- hahahaha... hahahaha.... BAHHH HAHAHAHAH!!!" I don't know where he got his bad information but I was amazing that an error like that could even happen. The dude ended up leaving but came back almost immediately to check the party out. He even hung out for a bit, so that's cool. See? The HDL can transform anybody.

I spent Sunday sleeping, knitting (I'm almost done with the 2nd ball for the Kiri shawl), eating, finishing Season 2 of The O.C. (so... bad...) and hot tubbing (no nudity this time).

3 comments:

122272 said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a penis enlargement reviews related site. Most of the articles are on penis enlargement reviews.

Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

Cash Advance Man said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it!

I have a enlargement link page.com penis related info site. It covers enlargement link page.com penis related information.

Check it out when you can. ;)