Monday

Busy Weekend

I’m making a quilt. Actually, I’m trying to make a quilt. I haven’t read any quilting books or, in fact, done any planning but how hard can it be? Sew some squares together. [Shrugs] No biggie. Too bad no one tells you quilting is a time-sucking black hole in your life. After washing, ironing and cutting about 4,000 squares, I’ve only just started sewing them together. We’ll see how it turns out. Oh, and a fact that seems to scare everyone I know is that I’m taking all my left over scraps and making a mini-version of my quilt for my cat. Jeeze, people freak out when you show the slightest obsessive love for your pet.

Saturday was the Vermont SugarMakers open house all over the state. I planned on hitting all ten in Windsor county and set out at 8 a.m. Two Sugar Houses and four hours later, I’m on my way back home in sugar-shock. Read all about at Yankee Pot Roast soon.

Saturday afternoon I saw a matinee of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I thought it was really, really, really good. There were a few funny bits, some super creepy parts and genuinely sad elements. The movie basically had everything. And it seems like Charlie Kaufman (screenwriter) has a magical ability to bend reality in all the screenplays he writes. I’ll probably go to see it again.

The rest of the weekend was just quilting: more cutting, more sewing, more washing and ironing. I did make a nice baked ziti on Sunday, though. Oh, and I’m taking a “break” from reading books. I’m booked-out. This happens occasionally. Instead, I caught up on all my comics: Fables, Y: The Last Man, Boneyard, Hellboy, Rex Mundi, Bear. And my comic seller lent me The Utimates #1-5. Don’t ask me why, I’m not into that super-hero crap and know nothing about the Marvel Universe.

No comments: