Friday

[cooking] CSA cooking

Dinner for me, when Dollar is gone to band practice:

My dinner while Dollar's at band practice. Kimchi jjigae, sautéed garlic scapes and broccoli rabe (both from today's CSA pickup). 🍲

Kimchi jjigaeb and rice, my all-time fave.

I got a couple bunches of garlic scapes in the CSA delivery this week. I found a recipe for Korean stir-fried garlic scapes: maneuljjeong bokkeum. Literally just toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and maple syrup. That's my Vermont twist on any recipe that called for honey or rice syrup or really any kind of sweetener. I always substitute maple syrup to no ill effect. Because there is always a jug of maple syrup in the fridge... and a back up jug in the pantry. #vermontlife. This is a great recipe and completely mellows the pungency of the scapes.

The broccoli rabe (also from the CSA) I slowly sauteed in the same pan after I took out the garlic scapes, just adding a little bit more toasted sesame oil.

Next jjigae will be doenjang- I've got a pile of wee zucchini and squash.

No comments: