Friday

[cooking] Chocolate bundt

A chocolate cake in a new design bunt pan:

Chocolate bundt for dinner guest tonight. Plus two bottle of wine 🍷 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Had a friend over for dinner last night and made the usual easy roasted whole chicken, roasted tri-colored new potatoes, steamed broccoli. And chocolate cake for dessert. And two bottles of wine.

The recipe is Chocolate Pound Cake in the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cookbook.

Earlier in the week, I tried making onion rings. There were even some onion hearts:

Onion ring hearts! 💛

It was a legit disaster. I deep fry at home maybe once a year and I've never made onion rings before. I tried the flour > egg > panko. None of the breading stuck and they were gross. I whipped up a quick beer batter and tried to salvage some of the rings... but I was frying in batches and by the time I finished frying sea scallops, the onion rings were cold. So I'm not going to fry anything at home ever again and just save it for when we go out to eat. 

TGIF. I just got the Adventure Time Official Cookbook and want to try some recipes from that this weekend. The recipes are good- there's even one for Super Porp soda- which they've written as a grape kombucha. I've never made kombucha at home but would love to give it a try this coming fall when I harvest wild grapes around the property. I feel like I'll probably make Jake's bacon pancakes this weekend. Party God has a recipe for breakfast pizza. Cinnamon Bun's cinnamon buns. Lumpy Space Princess keeps reminding you to add beans to everything. It's an amusing cookbook.

No comments: