Time for more pussyhats:
The hot pink bulky one is complete (just used cheap-o house acrylic from Michaels) but I ran out of Cascade 220 Superwash for the lighter pink one. So I went back to the original project that I originally purchased the yarn for... but never completed.
It's meant to be a shrug from back in the day when shrugs were a thing. It fit weird- the sleeves too long, the shoulders too square. I never set in the second sleeve and this thing has been living at the bottom of a yarn basket for nearly 10 years. So to the frog pond it went:
I had zero remorse about ripping this thing back. The yarn will be happier as something else.
I wound all the balls into skeins:
Now they are ready to be washed and hopefully all that kinkiness will relax.