Tuesday

[crochet] Mermaid Tears Tote

I started a new crochet project this weekend:

What I did this weekend. In between putting a towel over my head and holding my head over a steaming pot of water. This cold suuuuucks. #crochet

The pattern is free: Bernat Mermaid Tears Purse. I more commonly see this crochet stitch referred to as "crocodile stitch". This is my first time trying it out and it's a yarn gobbler. It's working out with the color transitions of the yarn- Cascade Casablanca (discontinued)- but I may have to hit someone on Ravelry up for another skein if this bag doesn't come out deep enough.

I'm making the pattern nearly twice as wide for a tote-sized bag. I have grand plans to sew in a lining and zipper, which I've never done before. My sister gave me a sewing machine and I still have as yet to thread it and figure out how it works. I signed up for a quilting class next Monday and I'll bring the sewing machine (and hopefully the teacher there can give me a basic sewing machine refresher).

As I approach the end of my 3rd and final ball of Casablanca, I'm already on the prowl for a new project. If something doesn't sweep me off my feet soon, I'll dig into the UFO basket and plug away on my uninspiring, unfinished projects.

No comments: