Wednesday

[cooking] Cara Cara Oranges

Saw a post on Facebook that my local Co-op grocery store was having a case sale on citrus. Grapefruit, navel oranges, juice oranges, blood oranges and cara cara oranges. 

Cara cara oranges? What is this? I googled it. Pink flesh, sweet, low acid. Sold. I went over to pick up a 20 lb box.

Cara cara oranges. Orange all the things!

Time to orange all the things. Supper last night was:

Orange three ways. Bone-in pork chop with soy-orange reduction, braised balsamic-orange red cabbage, tomato bulgar scallion salad dressed

Orange three ways: bone-in thick pork chop with soy-orange reduction, braised balsamic-orange red cabbage, tomato bulgar scallion salad dressed with orange juice. 

Future plans: orange curd, duck a l'orange, maple-orange chicken wings (for the Pats game Saturday night, oooo-OOOOO!!!). Sunday, when I have time, I'd like to preserve some as marmalade but I don't can often ever (and I think my mom has most of my canning supplies) and am not confident in my canning skills. Cocktails: screwdrivers (aw yeah, my fave) and maple-orange-bourbon smash.

Possible plans: orange-sesame chicken, orange pound cake, chocolate orange something.

Orange all the things!


No comments: