Tuesday

[vermont] Quechee Scottish Festival

This past Saturday I went to the Quechee Games/Scottish Festival. They have sheepdog trials every year, which are always fun to watch:

#sheepdogtrials #quecheegames #vermont


That's a kelpie herding. Most of the dogs are border collies but any breed is allowed to compete, as long as they know how to herd. It was fun to watch- it was just hot and exhausting. Note: Next year bring a wide-brimmed hat and an umbrella. Salt Hill was providing the food and I was able to score a scotch egg before the lunch rush got crazy. Then the main clan and bagpipe presentation/procession took place at noon. I love the sound of a mass of bagpipers.

Then I scooted down to Claremont for Dollar's band playing the last Summerfest show of the season. I was early so I had a drink on the patio at The Common Man:

Photo


I could hear soundcheck from across the water. Blabpipe played for about an hour:

@blabpipe rocking the Claremont Summerfest stage. #blabpipe @blabpipebassist


Then I headed home- I had gotten so much sun that day, I was burned to a crisp.

No comments: