Wednesday

[cooking] Blueberry Breakfast Cake

Sunday morning I received King Arthur Flour's weekly recipe email and saw one I was interested in: Blueberry Breakfast Cake. I had all the ingredients on hand (with a couple substitutions) and it turned out wonderful.

When @kingarthurflour hits up your mailbox with a recipe for Blueberry Breakfast Cake and you have all the ingredients on hand. 💙#blueberrybreakfastcake #blueberries #baking


I used full-fat ricotta and plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) because that's what I had in the fridge. I like that you mix everything one bowl. It's a very rich batter (heavy on the eggs, cheese, yogurt; light on the flour). The resulting texture is kind of custard-y:

The texture of this is fantastic- like a cross between a custard and a cake. #blueberrybreakfastcake @kingarthurflour


It's so good. I ate a slice and went back for another an hour later. This would be an easy and pretty summer dessert to bring to a potluck. I've read reviews that this works with just about any summer fruit- I'd like to try with peaches! Or a peaches/blueberry combo!


No comments: