Friday

[knitting] Fraternal... almost identical socks

Finished a pair of socks for Dollar:

Mismatched Green socks

Don't worry, Penny. I'll make you socks next.

So these socks... are different. One wintery evening, in poor indoor light, I pulled leftover superwash worsted weight from my stash. I've knit Dollar many pairs of socks over the years and it was time to use up odds and ends. Lo and behold, I had enough green to make a proper pair. 

It was hard to see the difference, right?

The yarn looks the same under certain light

In natural daylight, I was all "awwwwwwwwwwwshit".

But up close- they are different.

You can see the yarn in the back has blue in it. Whatever, at this point I'm just hoping they're the same yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash) so they wash/wear the same. Plus, as I use up odds and ends from the stash, the socks I make are going to look progressively crazier and crazier. At least each sock here is entirely one color.

No comments: