Tuesday

[spinning] Dog Fur Yarn

I finished spinning a few skeins of the siberian husky fur that I carded with merino wool. Here's my first attempt:

Siberian Fur Yarn: Ice Blue

Bulky weight 2-ply. A few guard hairs in the mix- they are the more distinct white (and sometimes brown- but I tried to pick out the brown ones as I spun) hairs. They are more wire-y feeling than the soft undercoat that gives the yarn a pretty halo.

Siberian Fur Yarn: Ice Blue

Next, a dark blue:

Siberian Fur Yarn: Dark Blue

This is spun into a worsted weight. The fur is blended a bit more evenly into the yarn. Only a few guard hairs in this. They're easy to spot- they're the thicker white hairs.

Siberian Fur Yarn: Dark Blue

And a light blue:

Siberian Fur Yarn: Light Blue

Siberian Fur Yarn: Light Blue

Each skein is only about 2oz. I have yellow, brown and white left to spin. 

No comments: