Tuesday

[travel] Montreal

Quick day-trip to Montreal, Quebec for a special preview of the new Cirque du Soleil show Kurios. The big tent is set up on a pier in Old Port.

Cirque du Soleil in Montreal. #kurios Awesome show!

This was my first Cirque du Soleil show but I've seen every show offered on DVD. It was absolutely wonderful to see live. The performers were excellent (and impressive) and there was so much interaction with the audience. It was funny, too! The music and singers were live and amazing. I can't recommend enough seeing a live performance. 

Before the show, we walked around until we found a place for supper. I've been wanting to try poutine for years but missed the opportunity to try it in Quebec City a few years ago when we went up for the summer music festival. This time was not going to miss a bowl of fries, gravy and cheese curds:

My first #poutine. As good as I imagined fries and gravy and cheese curds together could be.

I think this is going to be my regular order from now on whenever I'm in Quebec. It was as good as I imagined it would be.

Also made a pit stop to a SAQ to pick up two bottles of Sortilege: the original maple whiskey and the maple cream. Omg, the maple cream is going to be like maple Bailey's- I can't wait to try it!

No comments: