Friday

[crochet] Christmas Wreath Ornaments

Working on Christmas Wreath ornaments to give out as gifts. I completed one:

IMG_1897

OMG, it's so cute- I can't even handle it. Here's the Ravelry link to the pattern.

The largest size of plastic rings that Joann's had was 1.5 inches, so I used DK-weight yarn (rather than worsted) and a smaller hook. I also added a cluster of three red, round beads to look like holly berries.

Now I'm doing the rest assembly-line style: crochet all the base wreaths (using the two ends to make the hanging loop), add the red strings, add the berry clusters.

The designer of this patten as so. many. cute ornaments made over bone rings like this- snowflakes, peppermint candies, round ornaments, etc. I'm going to make a different one every year to give out.

14 comments:

Patricia said...

Cute! Thanks for providing the link.

gayle said...

Those are adorable!

*Alice* said...

Hi, thank you for this adorable ornament! ... I'll pin it and I want to try to crochet it...Thanks
Alice :)

Anonymous said...

Nice :)

llamalluv said...

I know this is an old post, but to make these with bigger rings, try using the rings off of one gallon milk jugs. The kind of milk we get here has two piece lids that separate into a screw cap and a ring that shows it hasn't been opened before.

Cléopiti y said...

Thank you for this idea ... I have a lot of rings like them... I do it for Xmas!
Have a nice day.

Cathy Meyer said...

Hello,

These cute little wreaths caught my eye. Do you make them for those that can't crochet? I am pretty crafty but these days I like to get many items ready to go. I made similar wreaths on the same idea but only in cloth. Back in the 80's there was a pattern for a fabric wreath put onto a large foam ring. Not really needed a pattern as it was a straight piece of fabric. I took this idea and made the same wreath onto a very tiny foam ring the size about of your ring.

Anyway, would be interested in purchasing from you,
thank you,
Cathy Meyer

Jeannine Kennedy Thames said...

Still have mine from the 50's. Great pin..timeless!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these again. Made them over 25 years ago for the hospital Christmas treewhile my daughter was in surgery.

lee woo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca Gray said...

could I make these on hair bands?

Rebecca Gray said...

could I make these on hair bands?

Ruth Noneya said...

Where is the pattern?

Lynn said...

I can use shower hook rings. Years ago I had a friend. She used soft drink six pack plastic holder and cut them apart before crocheting. She also made drink coasters out of drink plastic ring. She also crocheted over soft drink caps and attached them together to make hot mats. She made them to look like a bunch of grapes.