Monday

[misc] Murderface Santana Monday

Santana


Had a good weekend with Santana. She napped on my legs while I watched The Wire yesterday and I was able to pull her up into my arms, with her on her back, and pet her stomach while she purred. I told Dollar and he didn't believe me.

Lost power last night around 2am. I woke up about 3 seconds before the power went out. It's the first time (when we've been home, at least) that we've lost power and I waited for the generator to kick on. It's a 20kW Home Standby Generator and it's hooked up to the home propane system. It's meant to come on the moment we lose power to the house. I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Then I got up, turned on a flashlight and went downstairs, out to the back yard, lifted the lid to the generator and started flipping the auto/manual switch to manual (it was set to auto). Nothing. No power. No juice. WTeverlovingF. I know that it works- I was there when the electrician tested it.

I couldn't get back to sleep. The home security system doesn't work with no power. I had convinced myself that we lost power (not because of all the heavy rain / thunderstorms / wind ALL DAY) because burglars/killers were outside and cut the power to the house with a big tree-branch cutter or axe or something and were quietly slipping into the house to burgle/kill us in our sleep. The power came back on in 30 minutes or so and I went downstairs to re-set the alarm.

I told Dollar, "At least we caught this now, rather than in the middle of winter with 4 feet of snow outside." He said, "ZZZzzzzzz." Yeah, he's not much help at 2:30 in the morning. The electrician is coming this week to check it out.

Also called Elextrolux last week about the bottom oven not working. They couldn't find anyone in my area to come and service the thing, so they're going to give me an entirely new oven. They're going to bring a brand new one, take the old one out and install the new one. I was kind of surprised (Really? Bringing and installing a new oven will be cheaper than having someone come fix the one I already have?) but hey, as long as I don't have to pay anything...

No comments: