Wednesday

[knitting] Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf

I posted a long time ago about a pattern for a scarf that worked great for variegated yarns. Here's the finished scarf:

Multi-direction scarf


Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf

Yarn: Schaefer Yarn Miss Priss in the Julia Child colorway. One skein. For the border, I used an errant ball of Patternworks Britton in black (yarn held double).

Needles: US 8 (5 mm)

Notes: I added the crocheted border because the edges of the scarf looked a little unfinished and it was kind of narrow overall. I used this crochet Basic Shell Edging.

This pattern was so easy and mindless, I had to do another:

Multidirection Scarf


Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in Grassy Knoll. 2 skeins.

Needles: US 8 (5 mm)

Notes: I left the edges unfinished here because I had more yarn and was able to make the scarf wider (~8 inches across). There's some slight pooling at places but it's not noticeable overall or when the scarf is worn.

I did use the modification at the end of the pattern to finish with a half-triangle, so that you end up with symmetrical ends.

2 comments:

gayle said...

That's such a fun pattern to knit! I like the crocheted edging on the first one - it really frames it beautifully!

Sara said...

It really is pretty...I like the yarn you used on the green one. The edging you put on the first one is very pretty.