Thursday

[knitting] Handspun Cowl

This past weekend I blocked out the Multnomah and immediately started the green shawl. I knit knit knit knit on the shawl and then threw it aside. I needed some immediate gratification and stared at my clear bag of handspun yarns. I grabbed a brown skein of yarn and started a simple cowl. A few hours later:

Handspun Cowl


This is from roving that I hated to spin. The final yarn was uneven and I felt "meh" towards it.

But the cowl? Smitten. Love. Adore. It is soft and I really like the nubbly, uneven texture of the final fabric. It looks very homemade.

Handspun Cowl


I had to stop myself early because I wanted to use it all up but the cowl was getting quite long.

Handspun Cowl


But... back to the shawl...

1 comment:

Sara said...

That looks very nice...I like the color...