Tuesday

[knitting] Deep Forest Multnomah

Here's my finished shawl:

Multnomah Shawl


Pattern: Multnomah

Yarn: Knit Picks Shimmer Hand Dyed Lace Yarn, 2 skeins, Deep Forest (yarn held double)

Needles: US 6 (4mm)

Mods: This project had quite a few re-starts. The selvage in the pattern is written as a k1 but I changed this to a k4 for my shawl. The yarn I used is alpaca/silk so there isn't much (or any) elasticity. My top edge was turning out really tight and un-stretchy with just a k1. So I made it a bit wider which helped.

Also, I changed the yarn-overs along the spine to make-one right and make-one left. I hate yarn-over spines on shawls almost as much as I hate color-pooling. Okay, I will say there is a time and place for yarn-over spines... But I don't think this shawl is one of them.

I loooove this shawl. It is airy, has very nice drape, is really warm, is soft and squishy. It's a keeper, for sure.

Multnomah Shawl


This might be my pick to wear at Rhinebeck!

1 comment:

gayle said...

What a beautiful shawl!
(Must not cast on another shawl... must not cast on another shawl... must not...)