Tuesday

[travel] Fiber Revival 2009

My sister and I went down to Newbury, MA on Saturday to check out the Fiber Revival. I brought my spinning wheel, lazy kate, 2 bobbins of singles to ply and a niddy noddy. Did I actually do any spinning there? No. The 90+ degree weather doesn't inspire me to play with wool.

The location, Spencer-Pierce-Little Farm, is a National Historic Landmark with huge trees lining the drive:

Fiber Revival 2009


There were quite a few vendors present (many to the left, just outside of this shot):

Fiber Revival 2009


Happy people spinning...

Fiber Revival 2009


A late seventeenth-century major house built as the country seat of wealthy Newburyport merchants...

Fiber Revival 2009


There was a pen of alpacas, trying to stay cool:

Fiber Revival 2009


I felt so bad for this hot little guy. He wasn't moving at all:

Fiber Revival 2009


There was a larger fenced-in area for some of the farm's friendly animals: goats, a horse (I'm going to start taking pictures of just horse's asses. I don't know why, but I feel the need):

Fiber Revival 2009


And a three-legged sheep:

Fiber Revival 2009


I bought 2.5 pounds of fiber in various 4 ounce bumps, so I have LOTS of new colors and fibers to play with. Once the weather gets cooler.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I was there - where were you sitting??? I got there around noon...and left when it closed.

Am so sorry I missed seeing you.

gayle said...

It *is* hard to spin when your fingers are sticky, isn't it? 8)
Looks like a good time - I didn't know anything about it. Maybe next year...