Wednesday

[knitting] Shishi Shawl

I finished my shawl this weekend:

Shishi Shawl


Pattern: Simple Yet Effective Shawl (rav)

Yarn: Plymouth Mushishi, 2 skeins

Needles: US 10

Notes: I added some random *k2tog, yo* rows. I saw some other projects on Ravelry that had some and I think it helps to balance the spine of yarn-overs up the middle.

Shishi Shawl


This yarn is great. It retails at around $30 per skein, but each skein is a whopping 250g and 491 yards. The fiber content is 95% wool and 5% silk. It is so so so so soft. Every time I worked on this, people would want to touch it (or the cat would want to be on it).

Shishi Shawl


I have 90g leftover from the 2nd skein that I'm not quite sure what to do with. The yarn comes with a couple patterns to knit or crochet, so I may do the suggested knit hat.

I love this shawl :)

1 comment:

gayle said...

That's a wonderful shawl! It looks cozy and snuggley and touchable.
You might try a hat knit in the same pattern - sort of a slouchy hat, maybe?