Tuesday

[movies] The Goonies

DOLLAR: You've never seen The Goonies?!?!

AMY: I've seen bits and pieces. Enough to know what it's about.

DOLLAR: You've never seen THE GOONIES?!?!

AMY: Not the whole way through but I can tell you what the movie's about, okay? A bunch of kids go hunting after treasure. One of the kids is fat and his friends humiliate him by making him do the truffle shuffle. Bad people are after the treasure as well. And there's this Frankenstein's monster guy who gets along with the fat kid because they're both outcasts. The end.

DOLLAR: [getting up] We going to watch it right now.

AMY: No, come on, I don't feel like-

DOLLAR: There is a REASON that this MOVIE [angrily tapping the dvd case] is the CULT CLASSIC of our generation!

###

So we watch it. Or, I watch the movie and Dollar watches me to make sure I'm giving the movie enough reverence.

The funniest part for me, the part where I was laughing so hard I had to take of my glasses off because tears were streaming down my face, was when Chunk was captured by the bad guys and the old lady says, "Tell us everything! Everything!"

CHUNK: Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

###

Hahahahahah. What's your favorite part of The Goonies?

No comments: