Thursday

[knitting] Quiet Fidget

The first Fidget I made was a fun, quick, stash-busting project. But it's a little loud- bright blue with orange buttons. I eyed a stray ball of dark gray bulky alpaca in my stash and decided to make a quiet Fidget.

Fidget 2


The yarn is Reynolds Andean Alpaca Regal. I still used US 9 needles for this.

I went to the craft store for my favorite part: picking out buttons. ANY buttons could have worked but I didn't want to get crazy bright or weird buttons. I even tossed around the idea of getting the same buttons that I used for the first Fidget but in the black color. In the end, I got square buttons:

Buttons for Fidget 2


I love these buttons so much! When the light hits them right, it's like looking down into shallow water running over a rocky bed. Right? Or is it just me? But... Doesn't it look like looking into water?

Anyway, here's the finished Fidget in natural light:

Fidget 2


The buttons blend pretty well.

Here it is with a camera flash:

Fidget 2


Zing! The buttons do their crazy iridescent thing.

All in all, I do like this Fidget. I feel like this yarn is poorer quality than the Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky used in the first one. This yarn is getting a little pulled and frayed around the buttons and that's just from repeatedly trying out different buttons. Also, this yarn gave a lot more during blocking, so it's a wee bit too long for my liking.

...

Okay, one more gratuitous button picture:

Fidget 2

No comments: