Friday

[spinning] Teddy Bear Colors

I bought a couple discounted skeins of pencil roving in a "teddy bear" colorway. They were small (only 50 grams each).

Teddy Bear Colors


The wool was rough (not nice, smooth merino like the Zitron Artfelt) but I was able to spin it fairly thin.

The finished yarn:

Handspun 2-Ply


I ended up with 176 yards. I got a handy-dandy Wraps Per Inch (WPI) tool so I could figure out that this yarn is 11 wraps per inch, which is worsted weight. Apparently, I'm still not spinning thin enough for DK or sport weight (how to people even spin lace weight?). The thing is that the yarn looks thin to me while spinning but after I give it a nice, soapy soak, it really blooms. I'm going to have to leave my comfort zone and start spinning really freaking thin.

Handspun 2-Ply


I'm not sure what to make with this although a teddy bear has crossed my mind.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

oooh, so pretty! That would make a perfect stuffed animal. There are some super-cute patterns on Ravelry (besides the mochimochi ones I'm obsessed with...haha).

I just want to hug it!

Sara said...

Oh, that is really beautiful - and I don't usually like brown tones!