Wednesday

[cooking] Roast Chicken

Thomas Keller's recipe for his Favorite Simple Roast Chicken is perfect. The chicken I used last night was a little over 3 pounds. I trussed it, made sure it was DRY DRY DRY (inside and out), rained down lots of salt, and a little pepper. Into the oven at 450 for 55 minutes. It came out achingly beautiful. So golden brown. The skin was crisp and salty.

I did serve it with a side salad and some fiddleheads. Dollar and I could only manage to eat one leg and thigh section apiece. I'm not sure how the breasts came out because we were too stuffed to even attempt. Next time, the entire chicken is going to be sectioned and that's all we're having to eat. I'm sure that's all we'd want.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Yum Fiddleheads... a little butter & salt....hmmhmm.

Shelby said...

I love roast chicken. It's almost wrong how good it makes the house smell when it's cooking. I stuff mine with onion, garlic, and a quartered lemon. The lemon and garlic get infused into the meat from the inside and it's SO good. Plus, the leftovers make phenomenal chicken salad...

amy said...

I cut up the chicken breast last night, to put on top of a green salad. The breast meat was not dry, but still moist. I'll never roast chicken another way again. Well... not for a long while at least.

oMaT said...

Good choice! Keller is one of the nation's premier chef's. Paula would kill to work for him.