Friday

[knitting] My picks of recent knitting links

Zipper Installation

New KnitPicks yarn, CotLin? And some Sierra colors at crazy low prices.

Cabled Legwarmers

MagKnits' February Patterns

Bertie Scarf

Helleborus Scarf

Lace Gloves

Lace Nightie

# # #

Dollar and I taking a trip to Puerto Rico in a few months and I would like to knit something for it. Maybe the lace nightie? Maybe a camisole? I'd also like a slouchy and loose cotton cardigan. Or a loose lace cardigan. Bamboo seems to be the yarn of the moment, so that's an option as well. I haven't really done any knitting for warm weather but I find it interesting to shift my train of thought from alpaca and wool to cotton and bamboo. Winter wear is meant to keep you warm while summer wear is meant to keep to cool.

I stopped by my LYS yesterday and got 8 balls of Katia Idea since they were 50% off. She had a sample of a tank top knit with this yarn and all I had to say about it was, "This tank top is... HEAVY. Jeeze, it weighs a ton." I was so glad I learned that because I've decided to knit a sweater out of the worsted weight yarn on 11 (or even 13!) needles, to open the stitches up. I hope that the finished sweater will be loose, breezy and not end up using very much yarn.

I might go back for some of the Berroco Suede at 50% off. I think some of the bikinis in Ashley Paige's Sexy Little Knits use Suede yarn. Shall I stock up and think about all the racy things I can knit from Naughty Needles, Domiknitrix and Knitting Lingerie Style?

No comments: