Friday

[knitting] Links

The new Knitty came out this week with all kinds of cold weather wear to make. I like the Corazon mittens and especially the Tiffany mittens. I have lots of different Knit Picks Palette in my stash, so I should be able to pick five different colors quite easily.

Besides those two things, I like Hexed. I've been wondering how to knit a hexagon (for a Settlers of Catan bag) and here it is.

Other pretty free patterns I've found and added to the "OOooo I wanna make that" list:

Inga Hat

Sampler Pillow: Not sure I'd make it in the colors shown but I think this would be a great way to sample some crewel (or regular) embroidery.

A new knitalong: Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge. Tons of stuff to ooo and aah over. And at the Flickr pool.

Squirrelly Swedish Mittens- so cute!

Star Wars charts

Last night a group of knitters got together and we knit our little hearts out. Two hats were finished, a good portion of a scarf was completed, a baby blanket progressed and a sock was cast on. We won't be meeting again until January 3 and by then I should have new stuff to show off. I hope. I'm taking the week between Christmas and New Year's Day off work and I want to spend most of it knitting.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The new knitty is great my favorites were lauren and argosy.

Shelby said...

Yay for new knitty! Can't wait till my lunch break to peruse it.

Bummed that I missed Knitting Night, but I'm psyched that it's getting moved to Wednesdays for the new year. :)

I had a dream about you last night...random, I know...*laughs* I stole your boyfriend and you wanted to kill me. It wasn't Dollar, though...at least, I don't think it was. But regardless, you were stalking me and literally wanted to kill me! ;)

amy said...

Aww, I wouldn't kill you over a DREAM. Hah hah. I'm not CRAZY. Besides, you said it wasn't even Dollar. Right? I can't be mad when people dream-cheat. I got mad at him once for dream-cheating on me and it wasn't a pretty fight.