Monday

[knitting] A couple new accessories to work on

I've started another knitting project- a Harry Potter scarf to wear to the premier on November 18. I'm using this pattern and Andean Silk in Hollyberry and Mustard. There are 14 stripe repeats and I managed to do two this weekend. The two colors feel different to me and I'm not sure if the way Knit Pick's creates Andean Silk has changed- The mustard color is in a long skein (this is the older packaging design) and the hollyberry is in a ball (which I assume is the new way they're going offer this type of yarn). The mustard feels silkier and softer than the hollyberry but it seems more fuzzy/halo-y as well. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow of the progress...

In more knitting news, I'm going to try to knock off this Valentino cabled bag. I'll knit up sample swatches from all the random Fall Knit Picks yarn I got a while back and try to copy the bag. If it comes out well, I'd like to submit the pattern to Knitty (for the Winter issue?). I'll check out the craft store for (a) fabric for the lining, (b) leather straps, (c) snap closure (d) some kind of bling to replace the "V".

Over the weekend, I finished the first three disks from Season 4 of Six Feet Under. I'd say it's not as good as last season, but I'll wait to see how the whole thing plays out before casing my final opinion. I've got Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica and Lost coming up in my Netflix queue but it says there's a "Long Wait" for both. I never know what the means, either. Long wait? Very long wait? What's the difference? It all seems so arbitrary to me.

No comments: