Tuesday

[knitting] One down, one to go...

    

    

I made a sock last week with some Christmas yarns I got and a book called Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. I wouldn't exactly call the process "soaring"... More like, "plodding along" or "taking for-friggin'-ever." Anyway, I used two 24" size #2 circulars. Metal ones at that because bamboo wouldn't make sense- the needles are so skinny that the bamboo would bend, warp, snap under a stern gaze. I used Plymouth Yarn Sockotta to do the most basic pattern in the book. Let me just say that the directions kind of sucked and the jokes in the book are lame. Having said that, the sock did come out nice. And it's nice to be able to try on the sock as you're knitting along, so that you can get a perfect fit for your foot only. I'm working on a blue one next because I don't think I'll be able to sit through doing another one of the same pattern/color. Gotta switch things up. Although, I can just see myself never getting around to doing the other one. Yeah, I've got one mitten that I made last summer. Where's it's mate? Yeah, that'll never happen...

And for grotesque comparison, I've added my left, sickly foot into the last image. Note that the ankle is still a little swollen (remember, there used to be a baseball in there) and that the bruising goes all the way down to my toes. And there's also darker bruises on the inside and outside of my foot. Ew... It's giving me nightmares thinking about all the dead, coagulated blood trapped under my skin. Ugh [puke].

Left foot: gross. Right foot: pretty sock. Left foot: gross. Right foot: pretty sock.

No comments: