Monday

[books] You're fat and ugly He's just not that into you.

Believe it or not, at the time of posting, the #1 selling book at Amazon is He's Just Not That Into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys. Written by a some guy and a writer for Sex and the City, they take a stab at getting women to understand why they should stop obsessing over a guy that isn't that into them. Whatever that means. I can just imagine the Q/A format of the book:

---
Q: Why doesn't he call?

A: He's just not that into you.

Q: What can I do to make him like me?

A: Nothing, he's just not that into you.

Q: But-

A: No, he hates you.

Q: Should I-

A: You should try to find someone that is into you.

Q: Well, how do I-

A: Look, just stop wasting your time. Stop wasting your life, buckle down and really find a man that is into you or you're going to spend the rest of your pathetic existance alone. Like, completely alone.

Q: [sob]
---

I don't see why people need books like this. I really don't. If you've been chasing a man who's not that into you for more than, say, a year and nothing's happened and you need to go out and get this book to figure out that you need to move on with your life, then that's just... Let me lay the blame where it really belongs: men. Chances are, if you've been strung along for that long, thinking something might happen, then it's the man's fault for stringing you along. Right? Yeah, that sounds better. It's all his fault. I feel better.

2 comments:

Fugnutz said...

I have trouble believing you're only 13. Keep up the writing. you have a gift.

amy said...

My age varies. One source says I'm ten, this one says I'm thirteen, my family wants to believe I'm 25 but since I don't act it... Mentally, I'm somewhere in the middle. That makes me, like, 17. Hott, right?